Per FDA requirements, to order and dispense TIKOSYN retail pharmacies are required to secure a one-time certification. Even if you have been certified prior to 2011, you are required to secure a one-time recertification.
To become (re)certified you must review and follow the TIKOSYN In Pharmacy System (T.I.P.S.™) certification procedures below and (re)enroll in the T.I.P.S. Program:
- Review the Prescribing Information, including the Medication Guide and Treatment Guidelines
- Complete the TIKOSYN Pharmacy Certification Form
- Sign and fax the form to 1-800-788-2637
- After 1 to 2 business days, confirm your certification by calling 1-877-TIKOSYN (1-877-845-6796) or visit www.tikosynlist.com. You will need to enter your pharmacy DEA number
- Your signature on the TIKOSYN certification form acknowledges that the appropriate staff members in your pharmacy are aware of the procedures for dispensing TIKOSYN
- Upon receipt of your certification form, a written confirmation will be sent to you. A TIKOSYN stamp will also be sent to you after certification so that you may stamp prescriptions. If your pharmacy utilizes e-prescribing, contact 1-866-249-7261 to learn about the e-stamp process.
- The T.I.P.S. Kit (Procedure Booklet and Display Piece) is available here. Please post the T.I.P.S. program procedures, and TIKOSYN contraindications in your pharmacy.
Corporate Pharmacy Enrollment (certifying multiple pharmacies)
- For corporate pharmacy enrollment you must print out a copy of the blank Pharmacy Certification Form and complete the required fields.
- A list of pharmacy sites that have been trained should be included as a separate attachment: this list must include the same required Pharmacy Information detailed on the enrollment form for EACH pharmacy.
- Both the completed form and the attached list of pharmacy site information should be emailed to TIKOSYNREMS@UBC.com
Through pharmacy certification the pharmacy acknowledges that:
- The pharmacist will verify that a prescriber has participated in the TIKOSYN REMS and is confirmed in the Pfizer National TIKOSYN Database before dispensing.
- The pharmacist will stamp each prescription for distribution with the T.I.P.S. stamp, verifying that the prescriber is a confirmed participant in the TIKOSYN REMS. The pharmacist will then initial and date the TIKOSYN stamped prescription in the appropriate areas.
- The pharmacist will dispense a Medication Guide with each prescription.
Should you have any questions regarding the certification program, please call 1-877-TIKOSYN.